Director of Family Ministry
The Director of Family Ministry at FEPC is responsible for overseeing a discipleship process for children from birth to age 18. This includes organizing programs, recruiting volunteers, outreach to families, and working with the rest of our staff to foster an environment where children and students feel safe and welcome as they establish their personal relationship with God and His son Jesus Christ.
- Establish and communicate a clearly defined mission and supporting plan for a growing, vibrant and comprehensive ministry for children and youth at Fairview
- Recruit, train and develop committed and talented volunteers to serve as the leadership team
- Develop and implement a plan for our youth
- Coordinate outreach initiatives to preschoolers and elementary school children and their families in the greater Glenmoore area
- Collaborate with our Director of Communications on utilizing effective the website, social media, signage, mailings, etc. to inform and engage families regarding programs, special events and opportunities to participate in the children’s ministry and life at Fairview
- Lead strategic development of Bible-based curriculum and key aspects of the current children’s ministry including Vacation Bible Study, Children’s Sunday School, as well as leadership for future related programs like family fellowship, outreach events, and other special events
- Consider whole-family discipleship opportunities to equip and empower parents to grow with their children.
- Develop and steward the annual children and youth ministry budgets
- Coordinate and arrange staffing for nursery and preschool during worship services and church-wide events, including making sure all volunteers pass background checks to work with children
If you are interested in applying, or know someone else who might be, please look over the job description and reach out to Tim Latham ( ) with any questions.